This week's State of the Game focused on a lot of fine-tuning and bug-squashing in the wake of Title Update 5. The show will be taking a hiatus during August, but the team is still eager to hear your feedback and will invite a select players to Sweden! Here are some highlights:
- Numerous fixes to TU5 issues, including long PC load times
- A detailed chronicle of Reviver Hive issues that gives insight into the bug-fixing process
- New Elite Task Force planned; do you want to go to Sweden?
- Summer break for State of the Game, and next steps for the team
State of the Game will be on hiatus for a few weeks. Stay tuned for news on when they will return to their usual streaming time of every Wednesday at 8:00AM PDT on Twitch, Mixer, and YouTube. (To find out what was covered in the last episode, make sure to check out the previous State of the Game Recap.)
TU5 Fixes Delivered Yesterday
Long loading times on PC were fixed.
- While this was initially reported on the PTS, it unfortunately was a different bug. The development team had a fix for the PTS loading time issue and then encountered a new issue that needed another fix. Considering that it's a very frustrating bug, the team will increase their efforts to not have this happen again.
Fixed an issue causing the crafting bench to not offer the Gear Score 500 upgrade for some players.
Fixed an exploit with a Supply Drop.
Further fixes to be applied tomorrow (August 1). Update scheduled for 3:30 AM EST, 9:30 AM CEST, 5:30 PM Canberra Time.
- Re-introduce the leaderboard for number of raid completions.
- Fix incorrect scrolling in the project menu on PC.
- Raid keys not being granted when interacting with crates will be fixed.
- An issue where backpack trophies from Classified Assignments were not granted again if the Year 1 Pass was removed and added again.
TU5 Fixes Currently Being Worked On
Audio issues (a couple of examples, not a complete list):
- "Chipmunk" issue, where audio is sped up a lot.
- Sound completely or partially stopping after a couple of hours of play.
- No gun sounds.
Visual bug with the Theater Settlement showing as level 3.
- Not being able to pick some of them up.
- Some of collectibles resetting for some players.
Shot registration issues.
- The team has been seeing these videos and reports; thank you for the details!
- To further investigate this, the devs would like players to go to the forums or subreddit and provide their platform, location, and details of when these things are happening, so they can further look into it.
- Some changes have been made to address the issue, but new reports are coming in now.
Crashes when opening the Projects UI in a group.
- There are issues regarding acquiring blueprints and UI feedback.
- The team is working on fixes, as well as improving in-game communication about where to find blueprints.
As always, if you have found a bug please report it on the forums with as many details, screenshots, and videos as you can.
Reviver Hive Updates
The team published a lengthy forum post about the Reviver Hive, which goes into detail about how bug fixing works in general.
- Explains how videos and detailed bug reports are super helpful.
- Talks about the last remaining hurdles with the Reviver Hive:
- Line of sight requirement is not explained.
- The Reviver Hive can be destroyed by enemies, but the model still shows.
- EMP can disrupt the Hive, dying while being shocked prevents the Hive from deploying.
Undocumented PvP changes
- Some changes that went into TU5 were not communicated.
- The coefficient for Rifles has been nerfed.
- The Unbreakable Talent is now normalized on the Occupied Dark Zone because it was becoming too tanky, which hurt the PvP experience.
Next steps for The Division 2 team
The next step is to start addressing things our players engage with us about regularly in an update before the next Episode. The dev team wants the community's input on what they feel needs to be improved, including these topics:
- Endgame RPG
- Gear Acquisition
- Inventory management
- How all theses changes synergize in PvE and PvP
These are just some high-level examples and should not limit your feedback. They want to hear from you on the forums, so please share what you want them to improve and how it should be improved.
Next Elite Task Force
To ensure they are onboarding as much community feedback as possible, the dev team will be setting up an Elite Task Force Workshop.
If you don't know what the ETF is:
- The devs are seeking passionate The Division 2 players that want to be part of a group that will help make the game better.
- Open application for all The Division 2 players.
- Selected players be flown in to Sweden to meet up with the development team and discuss changes coming in Title Update 6.
Exact dates will be announced soon, as well as where you will be able to apply.
If you're interested in joining, please be aware that you will need a valid passport/travel document and that getting one of those might be time consuming. If you do not have a valid travel document and we have selected you, you will not be able to join!
- State of the Game will go on a break, but worry not! The team will still be reading player feedback and interacting on gameplay livestreams, social media, Reddit, Discord and the forums.
- While there isn't a concrete date set for the return yet, they're targeting the end of August, when there will also be a more concrete timeline for future updates.
- Again: It does not mean the team is stopping all community efforts. They're still in the office and doing their jobs.
Learn more about Episode 1: DC Outskirts – Expeditions, the first major free update to The Division 2, including two new Classified Assignments that are exclusive to Year 1 Pass owners. And to keep up with the latest news, browse our previous Division 2 coverage.