A major free content update is coming soon to The Division 2. Episode 1 – DC Outskirts: Expeditions expands the world of The Division 2 by taking you outside of the city streets of Washington DC to new locations, like Camp White Oak, Manning National Zoo, and Kenly College. Along the way, you can expect new missions, more loot, and Expeditions, a new kind of experience detailed below. Additionally, Episode 1 will introduce a new, more forgiving Discovery difficulty setting for the Operation Dark Hours raid. Read on for a full breakdown of everything coming in Episode 1 when it launches on July 23 for Year 1 Pass holders, and July 30 for all players.
Two New Main Missions
- Camp White Oak: Bring the traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice as you assault a presidential compound in the woods.
- Manning National Zoo: Emeline Shaw, leader of the Outcasts, has holed up in the zoo to regain her strength. Agents will hunt down and eliminate Shaw to keep the Outcasts from reclaiming power in the city.
Expeditions - Coming July 30 (July 23 for Year 1 Pass holders)
- When Agents receive what appears to be a final broadcast from a military convoy at Kenly College, they form an expedition to find any surviving members in need of rescue. Expeditions are split into three different wings for players to complete. Each wing has a specific theme and tone, and will be opened to players on a weekly basis. Completing all three wings grants access to an exclusive treasure room full of rewards.
New Weapons and Gear
- One exotic weapon: Diamondback Rifle
- One exotic gear: BTSU Datagloves
- Two weapons: Stoner LMG and Carbine 7
Classified Assignments (exclusive to Year 1 Pass holders)
- Agents can take on two new Classified Assignments in Washington's Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13.
New Discovery Difficulty setting for the "Operation Dark Hours" Raid
- The new Discovery Difficulty, along with its corresponding matchmaking option, will allow more players to experience the first-ever Division raid. While Operation Dark Hours Exotic loot remains exclusive to the Normal difficulty, Agents playing the Discovery Difficulty can still expect to score worthwhile loot.
- Players can now craft gear up to Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters. Additionally, crafted weapons can now be recalibrated.
The Division 2 is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. For more on The Division 2, check out our previous coverage.