The Division 2 State of the Game livestream is back for a new year of updates and sneak peeks, beginning with a first look at Episode 3, coming in February. With Associate Creative Director Yannick Banchereau and Associate Game Director Drew Rechner in attendance, this week’s stream set the stage for what’s ahead. A few highlights:
- Episode 3, set in Coney Island, is planned for release this February.
- Future State of the Game streams will take close looks at new features and changes coming with Episode 3, gradually leading up to a deep dive into the episode.
- Hardcore Mode, which debuted on December 10, proved survivable for a high percentage of characters created for the mode.
Maintenance was performed yesterday.
- In addition to backend changes, the maintenance introduced a new apparel cache, the Legacy Cache.
- The Legacy Cache is a paid cache that offers players another way to acquire vanity items from the standard pool, with no duplicates.
- In the future, a change will be made to the standard cache that turns duplicate items into Textiles, which can be used as currency to purchase vanity items from the store.
- More details regarding this cache can be found on the official website.
Issues the team is currently looking into:
- Raid leaderboards and suspiciously fast completion times
- Raid activity summary showing incorrect information
- Invisible walls, which may be a hard drive streaming issue.
- Shotgun meta in the Dark Zones
- Enemies stuck in their spawn
EPISODE 3 IS COMING
- Episode 3 will be free for all players when it arrives in February.
- There will be no Public Test Server rounds for Episode 3, as there are no balance changes that need to be tested.
- Episode 3 adds a new area, New York’s Coney Island.
- The Cleaners, a New York faction from the first The Division, will return.
- Two new main missions
- Two classified assignments
- One Specialization, which will be revealed at a later date.
- A new Exotic, the Kameleon, an SMG that changes colors to match your surroundings.
- Year One Pass provides access to the Classified Assignments and instantly unlocks the new Specialization.
- Raid No. 2, Foundry, will be released sometime after the launch of Episode 3.
- It will be free for all players of The Division 2.
STATE OF THE GAME ROADMAP
Here’s a look at what’s planned for this month’s State of the Game streams:
- State of the Game will look at incoming Item Stats RNG and UI quality-of-life changes.
- These changes will be released after Episode 3.
- Recalibration stat storing, Skill power refactorization, and Dark Zone quality-of-life changes.
- These changes will be released after Episode 3, when they are ready
- State of the Game will take a deep dive into Episode 3 to give players a clear look at what’s ahead.
Introduced on December 10, Hardcore Mode added the option to play The Division 2 with permadeath. During its launch week, from December 10-16, the following happened:
- 17.7% of Hardcore characters experienced permadeath.
- 1.2% of Hardcore characters reached World Tier 5.
- Six Operation Dark Hours raids were completed.