The Division 2 State of the Game kicked off July with another live stream to keep you informed on the latest updates. This week's stream touched on many topics, including a few highlights:
- Skills getting more changes on the Public Test Server
- New difficulty level coming to the Operation Dark Hours raid
- Shotguns are getting PvE buffs and PvP nerfs
- Crafting and Recalibration will allow you to refine your gear much more in the late game
Read on for a deeper recap of the topics discussed this week, or check out the stream below for the full details. State of the Game streams every Wednesday at 8:00AM PDT on Twitch, Mixer, and YouTube. (To find out what was covered in the last episode, make sure to check out the previous State of the Game Recap.)
- Fixed an issue preventing players from picking up Specialization ammunition.
PTS for Title Update 5 is now live:
- The PTS will have different content to play and test throughout the upcoming days.
- The Manning National Zoo and Camp White Oak have already been tested on Monday and Tuesday.
- There is a dedicated thread on the forums that will still allow you to provide feedback for the missions, and also for the upcoming tests.
- From July 3-4, the PTS will be testing the Operation Dark Hours Discovery Difficulty.
- Raid on lower difficulty with matchmaking.
- You will still need communication and coordination.
- July 5-7, the PTS will be testing a new PvE experience, Expedition.
- From July 8-10, focus of the PTS will be on Gear Balance, Exotics, Skill Builds.
- For feedback, please head over to the PTS forums or the reddit PTS megathread and make sure to fill out the surveys.
- Feel free to provide feedback on other parts of the game (like Skill balance, etc.), but providing focused feedback on the selected activities will help immensely.
Exotics dropping from Heroic bosses with TU5
- The Eagle Bearer cannot drop from Heroic bosses, even if you already own it. It's exclusive to the raid.
- Players must have the blueprint for the crafted versions of each of the following exotics before they drop:
- The Chatterbox
- Dodge City Gunslinger's Holster
- The Discovery difficulty level of the Raid will also not drop the Eagle Bearer. Final loot rewards will be revealed closer to the release of Episode 1.
- Exotics are being buffed so that they all drop at the highest range gear score, this applies retroactively to exotics you already own.
- Overall time-to-kill in PVP will be faster
- Shotguns will be more powerful in PVE
- Shotguns will be less Powerful in PVP
- More skill changes are coming to the PTS. You can find more information on the forum patch notes.
- The next PTS build will include an update that lowers the base cooldown of skills:
- Scanner Pulse from 90 seconds to 40
- Remote Pulse 120 to 60
- Jammer Pulse 120 to 90
- Assault Turret 120 to 60
- Incinerator Turret 120 to 90
- Sniper Turret 240 to 60
- Artillery Turret 240 to 60
- Restorer Hive 240 to 90
- Stinger Hive 240 to 90
- Booster Hive 240 to 90
- Burster Firefly 90 to 60
- Demolisher Firefly 90 to 60
- Explosive Seeker Mine 90 to 60
- Cluster Seeker Mine 60 to 40
- Mender Seeker Mine 180 to 60
- Striker Drone 180 to 60
- Bombardier Drone 120 to 60
- Fixer Drone 180 to 60
- Tactician Drone 180 to 60
- Bulwark Shield 240 to 40
- Crusader Shield 240 to 40
- Deflector Shield 240 to 40
Additional changes include:
- Increased base health of all Shields by 15%
- Changed the shields regeneration to now be percentage based (base 5% hp/s while holstered and 2.5% while deployed).
- Changed the base ammo for sniper turret from 5 to 15 and mortar turret ammo from 4 to 10.
- Increased bombardier drone bomb blast radius from 4 to 5 meters.
- Increased Alps Summit Armament 1-piece Skill Haste bonus from 10% to 20%
- Increased China Light Industries Corporation 3-piece Skill Haste bonus from 10% to 30%
- Increased Petrov Defense Group 3-piece Skill Haste bonus from 10% to 30%
- Increased Tip of the Spear 3-piece Skill Haste bonus from 20% to 40%
- Increased the amount of Skill Haste gained from utility attribute rolls by an additional 25%
- Doubled the amount of Skill Haste provided by all Skill Haste skill mods
- Increased Hive Network Firewall Radius from +60% to +100%
- Increased Turret Cyclone Magazine Mortar Ammo from +4 to +20
- Increased Turret Ammo Box Extra Mortar Ammo from +4 to +20
- Increased Turret Ammo Box Extra Sniper Ammo from +6 to +30
- Increased Firefly Tungsten Compound and Guiding System Max Targets from +3 to +5
- For more details on changes coming to skills, check out the patch notes.
Some changes that didn't make it into the first phase of PTS will soon be included:
- Increased base damage of Explosive Seeker Mine by 14%
- Decreased base damage of Burster and Demolisher Firefly by 25%
Crafting and Recalibration Changes in TU5:
- With TU5 players will be able to upgrade their Crafting Bench in World Tier 5, which will allow to craft items with a Gear Score of 500. The upgrade will automatically be available if you've reached WT5 already.
- It requires one gun and one piece of gear with at least a 490 Gear Score to build.
- Crafted items will now also be usable in the Recalibration station, which should further help make crafting a valid way to gain end game gear.
- Deconstructing High-End gear will now more predictably grant brand materials, which will allow players to craft 500 Gear Score High-End brand items. This allows players to focus on a specific brand item.
- Blueprints are now shared between all activities that grant Blueprints.
- This means you can get all Blueprints from Control Point Alert Level 3 and 4, there's no longer a limited pool for that activity.
- You can still buy Blueprints from Inaya and get them from Projects.
- A new perk will allow you to share Blueprints across characters on the same account.