Ghost Recon Breakpoint's closed beta is nearly here. Register here for a chance to get in, and if you've already redeemed your code, you can start pre-loading it on PS4, Xbox One, and PC right now. The beta runs from September 5-8, and lets players explore several provinces in the fictional archipelago of Auroa. Players will be able to tackle two Operation Greenstone main missions, discover more about the islands in Auroa side missions, pursue eight new Faction missions per day, and face off against a variety of deadly drones in special Drone Areas. All of the closed beta's content can be played solo, or with up to four players in co-op.
During the beta, players will be able to participate in Man Down, a special in-game charity event to raise money for Child's Play. Players can join in by reviving their downed teammates in co-op. The more players participate, the more Ubisoft will donate, so don't be shy about picking that medic class!
In addition to beta details, the Breakpoint team has revealed Year 1 post-launch plans, which kick off with Episode 1 which expands on Operation Greenstone, followed by Episode 2: Deep State and Episode 3: Transcendence, releasing every four months. Episodes will be introduced every four months with content releasing over the course of the four months. Players can expect each Episode to bring a host of new content including:
- New adventures: Additional story-driven missions that expand the main story of Breakpoint will be available with each episode.
- New endgame content: Every Episode will bring new endgame content, starting with Episode 1's Project Titan Raid. Players will explore an active volcano on a new island in the Auroa archipelago, where they'll need to use all their skills in intense four-player co-op challenges. The Raid will be replayable.
- New faction missions: In-game factions evolve over time, and every month, new narrative Story Faction missions will arrive to bring context and character development to the groups that populate Auroa. New daily Faction missions will also be available, offering objectives that support the factions and their narrative arcs.
- New classes: Three new classes will be introduced in Year 1, starting with the Engineer, who specializes in hacking.
- Live special events: These events will feature VIPs that help Nomad tackle new, terrible threats. A new Event will be available with each Year 1 Episode, and will last one month. Episode 1's special event features The Terminator.
- PvP updates: In addition to the three new classes coming in Year 1, which will be fully playable in PvP and PvE, new maps and updates will bring a steady flow of new content to keep Ghost War players on their toes.
Players eager to learn more about Auroa can pick up The World of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint, an upcoming book that will release on October 31. The book is now available for pre-order, and includes behind-the-scenes insights into the making of the game, the creation of the universe, and the secrets of Auroa.
For more on Ghost Recon Breakpoint, check out our previous coverage.