The Division 2 is getting an update this week that significantly retunes NPC balancing while also implementing a number of bug fixes. Not only that, but the next big update is in the works, and players will get the chance to test-drive Title Update 10 before it goes live via Public Test Servers. With Senior Game Designer Trick Dempsey and Community Developer Chris Gansler, this week’s State of the Game stream takes a look at what’s ahead. A few highlights:
- Originally planned for deployment on May 12, Title Update 9.1 will arrive on May 14. The extra time was used for additional testing and fine-tuning.
- Title Update 10 is planned for future deployment, and players will be encouraged to provide feedback via the PTS before it goes live.
- All Season 1 Manhunt targets are now available, and will be until the Season ends on June 1.
State of the Game streams on Twitch, Mixer and YouTube. To find out what was covered in the last episode, make sure to check out the previous State of the Game Recap.
Maintenance incoming May 14:
- Title Update 9.1 will be deployed. Originally intended to go live on May 12, the update was delayed to allow for additional testing.
- A large number of changes to NPC balance and difficulty are included. Full patch notes are available on the official forums.
The following bugs will be fixed in tomorrow’s maintenance:
- FPS drops in the Dark Zone will have their first improvements and fixes.
- Friendly Oxidizer damaging ally Skills.
- Recommended Activity tab not closing.
- Fixing an issue with the Frenzy talent staying active when swapping weapons.
TITLE UPDATE 10
- Title Update 10 will be the next big update, and will contain many more bug fixes and balancing changes. Details on its content and other changes will come at a later date.
- Public Test Servers will be available for Title Update 10. The team wants to involve players more in the development phase through feedback and bug reports, and hopes to include a PTS in future updates to help ensure consistent improvements through additional testing.
- The PTS will be open via Uplay to all players who own The Division 2 on PC.
- More information regarding when the PTS will open will be shared in a future stream.
SEASON 1 – SHADOW TIDE
Home League and Reanimated Global Event are now over.
New Manhunt Target and Prime Target are now available!
- Rogue Agent Mercury and Prime Target Jupiter can now be hunted.
- Double XP event for the next week.
- All four targets (Neptune, Venus, Saturn, Mercury) must be defeated to unlock Jupiter and the alternate version of the Roosevelt Island stronghold, now held by the Cleaners and Jupiter.
- Defeat Jupiter for the unique EMP Sticky Bomb Skill variant.
- All targets will be available to complete until the end of the Season on June 1.
- The EMP Sticky Bomb Skill variant will be unlockable after the end of the Season through future Seasonal Progression levels.
- Instant Unlocks will be available for 100 premium credits per Season level following tomorrow’s maintenance.
The Division 2 is available now on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and is included in a UPLAY+ subscription. For more The Division 2, check out our previous coverage.