This week's The Division 2 State of the Game stream focused mainly on some of the fixes the game has undergone since October's release of Episode 2, Title Update 6, while also calling on players to help decide the future of State of the Game. First, some highlights:
- Wednesday maintenance will move to Tuesdays in the future.
- The developers are working on a balance update for the Negotiator's Dilemma gear set.
- The team is looking for viewer feedback on what kind of content to showcase in future State of the Game updates when there isn't news to highlight.
- This week's stream included brief Q&As with Senior Game Designer Trick Dempsey and - Senior Game Designer Nikki Kuppens.
Wednesday maintenance and fixes:
- Maintenance for The Division 2 is moving to Tuesdays going forward.
- Fixed an issue that caused flares to be stuck and clip with agents' bodies after the Signal Flare emote animation was interrupted.
- Fixed an issue where the "Dark Zone perks available at Base of Operations" notification would display despite having no new perks.
- Fixed an issue that caused characters' faces to become distorted after cutscenes.
- Fixed an issue where the social menu did not function when accessed in a downed state in a pre-made group.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to share Gear Mods.
- Fixed an issue where the players that purchased the Year 1 Pass were unable to activate the Technician Specialization on any World Tier.
- Fixed an issue in which the donation tabs from any projects that require gear items did not show the correct equipment.
- Fixed an issue that would cause crashes when engaging enemy NPCs in co-op Challenging difficulty at the Lincoln Memorial.
- Kenly College: The team has been working on some fixes, for example the chapel door sometimes not opening when having finished all Investigation Areas, and the constant reminder that Torrez has transpo ready to Kenly College. The chapel should now be available to players who finish Kenly College, but the developers are still working to fix the transport reminder.
Current things the developers are investigating:
Balancing changes to the Negotiator's Dilemma gear set in PVP:
- Blowback talent will be updated to change the behavior of the launched grenade: the grenade no longer explodes immediately on contact with its target.
- The grenade will have a fuse timer, likely two seconds from launch to explosion.
- The UI will appear immediately on launch, warning players of the incoming projectile.
- NPCs being stuck in missions, blocking progression.
- Invisible walls blocking movement in certain areas.
- The developers have found some of these thanks to player reports, and are working on fixing them. Players who encounter these issues are encouraged to submit a screenshot or video, as the team needs to be able to reproduce them in the areas where they're happening.
- A bug that excludes audio while recording gameplay on the Xbox One has been found, and should be fixed in the next update.
Free apparel not being collectible:
- The team has been looking into reports from players that they stopped getting free apparel items when looting containers in the open world.
- While there is a pool of these free items (currently 72), the developers saw players stop receiving new items at very different numbers.
- The team has found several different things that might cause players to miss out on the free apparel items.
- A fix is in the works, and the team hopes to apply it in the coming weeks.
- If you have fewer than the 72 available apparel items, you will be able to get more apparel once the fix is applied.
- The developers are also investigating completion times on the Raid that shouldn't be possible, but want to make sure they don't reset everyone's times if they remove them.
The developers are hard at work on Episode 3, but it's still too early to talk about the content. In the meantime, The Division 2 team is looking to diversify their streaming content, and is asking players what they want to see during weeks when there's no new The Division 2 content to show. Some possibilities:
- Quick recaps of what's happening in the game via articles, short social videos, or short developer Q&A videos
- Normal State of the Game recaps, followed by developer segments discussing things like production timelines, world building, and weapons creation
The Division 2 is now available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC (including UPLAY+). For more on The Division 2, check out our previous coverage.