Steep Road to the Olympics, an expansion to Steep, the open world action-sports game that launched in December 2016, is now available on PS4, the Xbox One (enhanced for Xbox One X), and PC. The Steep Road to the Olympics expansion will feature fresh Alpine and Freestyle events, including Giant Slalom, Slalom, Super-G, Downhill, Parallel Giant Slalom, Halfpipe, Snowboard Cross, Slopestyle, Big Air, Ski Halfpipe, Ski Cross, and Ski Slopestyle.
The Steep Road to the Olympics expansion features a new mode where players embark on the Become a Legend journey. Newcomers and players who want to build up their freestyle tricks and discover the new Slopestyle discipline will take on the journey of an athlete on their way to the Olympic Winter Games. Players will also be able to explore the mountains of Japan, carving through unique powder and exceptional environments.
Before each challenge in the Become a Legend mode, players will be treated to training tips and insights from Olympians on the variety of Steep Road to the Olympics events, track designs and the competition itself. Video interviews from 10 legends and rising stars are integrated in the game:
- Lindsey Vonn, American Alpine Skiier who has won numerous competitions including a gold medal in the Downhill event at the Olympic Winter Games Vancouver 2010.
- Kevin Rolland, French freestyle skier and progressive risk taker who won an Olympic bronze medal in the Halfpipe at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014.
- Sage Kotsenburg, American snowboarder who won the first-ever Olympic gold medal in Snowboard Slopestyle at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014.
- Ayumu Hirano, Japanese competitive snowboarder who won an Olympic silver medal in the Halfpipe at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014.
- Alexis Pinturault, French alpine ski racer and Olympic medalist in 2014 for Giant Slalom.
- Tessa Worley, French competitor of all five alpine disciplines and specialist of Giant Slalom.
- Scotty James, Australian snowboarder, two-time world Halfpipe champion and 2017 superpipe champion.
- Gus Kenworthy, American freestyle skier who won the silver medal in Ski Slopestyle at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014.
- Julia Marino, young American snowboarder and 2017 Slopestyle snowboarding champion.
- Bode Miller, Olympic gold medalist and the most decorated male American alpine ski racer of all time.
The expansion can be purchased for $30. Steep Winter Games Edition, which includes the original base game and the Steep Road to the Olympics expansion, can be purchased for $60. Steep Winter Games Gold Edition, featuring the original base game, the Steep Road to the Olympics expansion and the season pass, which gives players access to three previously-released add-on content packs featuring additional sports, challenges and outfits, will be available for $80.