The Division 2’s second Raid, titled Operation Iron Horse, is now live for Level 40 players – and in this week’s State of the Game livestream, Associate Creative Director Yannick Banchereau and Senior Game Designer Nikki Kuppens were on hand to help Content Lead Hamish Bode congratulate the Race to World First winners, while also offering players another glimpse at what’s ahead for The Division 2. A few highlights:
- Title Update 10.1 will bring new bug fixes and balancing adjustments – some of them a direct response to feedback for Title Update 10 – later in July.
- Global Events are returning to the first The Division, with the next event, Strike, scheduled for July 13.
- The Termite League began this week for Warlords of New York players, introducing a series of new challenges and rewards over a two-week period.
Maintenance was performed yesterday:
- Prepared the opening of the Operation Iron Horse raid
- Fixed an issue that caused the doors during "Break Through the Black Tusk Forces" to not open during the DARPA Research Lab Main Mission.
- In-game leaderboards do not show all Raid completions – due to how the system works, if a team experiences a disconnect or server crashes during their run, it will not be eligible for the leaderboard.
The Division 1 Global Event update:
- Global events are back in and scheduled in The Division.
- The next Global Event, Strike, begins July 13.
- Strike modifier: Always active; enemies explode after a delay when killed.
- Pre-emptive Strike modifier: Strike behavior, plus sustained incoming damage triggers a small explosion on Agents.
- Tactical Strike modifier: Pre-emptive Strike behavior, plus enemies are marked using Strike explosions. When killed, they damage remaining enemies. Ally-to-ally explosion damage is increased.
OPERATION IRON HORSE
- Level 40 version of Operation Iron Horse went live yesterday!
- The developers are excited that the new Raid is out in the wild, and have been following the Race to World First on Twitch.
- Level 30 version will be released next week, on July 7.
- Discovery Mode will come in a future update.
- There have been reports that some information about Operation Iron Horse was leaked by dataminers. Text was found on the bosses. A document was also shared that contains some gameplay information about the Raid; this did not come from Massive, and an investigation is ongoing to uncover what happened.
WORLD FIRST WINNERS
The team would like to congratulate the winners:
- PC (Finished today at 2:36 AM CEST): CoverBasedGamer, RopeCutter, SOLIDFPS, Lotofour, Tyrone951, a5onAPUSHexam, FleshCrunch, Matix-012
- Xbox One (Finished today at 7:55 AM CEST): SA Mushrooooom, Scrub, SHIZZYNOW, WEDGE II, Frequency Pulse, ZHAMBEEE, stabbingking, Headshot Damage
- PS4 (Finished today at 10:37 AM CEST): dffghnmmkoiiygfv, llturco, gabriele94elite, enzoiacopo87, vergilisaak, Kempiro, SavageTyleR_, Giovyx__89
Title Update 10.1 will also add the White House portraits for Iron Horse World First winners on each platform.
TITLE UPDATE 10.1
- Title Update 10.1 will be the next update.
- It’s scheduled for second half of July.
- TU10.1 will bring additional bug fixes and balancing.
- Title Update 11 is currently in the works. Stay tuned for more details on what TU11 will bring to The Division 2.
UPCOMING CHANGES TO LOOT
- Loot changes in Title Update 10.1 are meant to address feedback on loot from Title Update 10.
- In TU10, the developers changed the way they decide on item power, between a minimum for each difficulty and a full god roll, which resulted in most items being more centered than skewed toward the minimum.
- In TU10.1, the developers will increase the minimum item power for higher difficulties, with a slight bump for Challenging and bigger bumps for Heroic and Legendary.
SKILL COOLDOWN/LOADOUT CHANGE
- The developers have seen players’ thoughts on this, and are investigating possible changes to the system that won’t be as punishing when using Skills with long cooldowns.
- The team’s main priority is to give players back the ability to switch their loadouts while a Skill is on cooldown.
- The planned change will let players switch their loadouts while the Skill on cooldown remains equipped.
- Season 2 is ongoing!
- The Termite League started yesterday. Players can complete a series of challenges over the next two weeks and earn rewards and unique cosmetics in the process.
- Tons of cool stuff to look forward in the coming months, including Global Events, an Apparel Event, and of course new Manhunt Targets.