The Division 2 is bringing back a familiar face for Season 4. Faye Lau, former Division commander and current Rogue Agent, is the Prime Target of a new Manhunt, and that’s just the start of what’s in store when Title Update 12 comes to The Division 2 on December 8. All Division 2 players can expect to see new weapons, gear, and quality-of-life improvements, and Warlords of New York expansion players can also look forward to updates to The Summit and the events of Season 4.
Title Update 12 includes the following:
Season 4 and the Return of Faye Lau (Warlords of New York players)
- The Division has learned that Faye Lau, Division commander gone rogue, is now leading four other ex-Division Agents recruited by Black Tusk. To uncover their plans, Agents will need to hunt down each member of Lau’s cell, ultimately going after Lau herself.
- In the second half of Season 4, players will see improved frame rate in The Division 2 on next-gen consoles.
- New weekly events, including Leagues and Global Events, will continue after Title Update 12 arrives.
Improvements to The Summit (Warlords of New York players)
- Challenges, a new progression loop in The Summit, will come in two categories: Tactical and Ascent. Completing challenges will earn players a variety of rewards, as well as milestone rewards depending on the overall number of challenges completed.
- New Commendations
- Guaranteed targeted loot rewards when unlocking a new elevator checkpoint (based on the player’s personal targeted loot selection).
- A new objective category and increased variation for the existing objectives to improve variety
New Gear and Weapons (Warlords of New York players)
- Seasonal outfit and gearset: Rigger – This set allows Agents to make the most out of their skills. Rigger focuses on faster deployment and lethality.
- Brand set: Empress International
- New skill variant: Achilles Pulse – The Achilles reveals enemies’ weak points, allowing Agents to focus on those areas and bring foes down with extra damage.
Three new exotics:
- Capacitor assault rifle – Skill-based weapon adds stacks that increment skill damage, while each Skill Tier grants extra damage to the rifle.
- Scorpio shotgun – Fast-firing weapon stacks status effects on enemies, starting with poison and ending with additional damage.
- Waveform holster – Like the Capacitor, Waveform adds stacks to increment skill damage, but in higher quantity.
Two named standard weapons:
- Scalpel – Tactical .308 marksman rifle
- Test Subject – PDR assault rifle
Two named gear pieces:
- Battery Pack – Empress International backpack
- Caesar’s Guard – Empress International chest piece Additional Features (Warlords of New York Players):
- Optimization Station: The Recalibration Station will include an additional “Optimization” feature, where players can optimize the stats on their items and view their optimization materials.
- Global Event Vendor: Players will earn stars by completing Global Event Challenges, which can be spent in the Global Event Vendor. Here, Agents can buy Crafting Caches, Season Caches, Exotic Caches, and more.
Quality of Life Improvements (all players):
- Players now have the option to wear masks whenever they want (previously, masks were worn in contaminated areas).
- There will be an inventory size increase from 100 to 150 for players to store their weapons and gear
- Players can also pick up their deployed turret skill (previously, they were required to either wait for skills to time out or had to manually destroy skills, waiting for the subsequent cooldown)
- The number of stored loadout slots have been increased by four to 16
- Improved inventory management will allow players to filter mods
- Holiday Gear: From Dec. 8 until Feb. 2, 2021, players will have another chance to acquire an exclusive holiday-themed weapon that shoots… snowballs. Also a new, limited-time Hunter mask will be available at the top of The Summit upon completion.
The Division 2 Warlords of New York is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Stadia, and Amazon Luna, and is playable on Xbox Series X | S and PS5. For more on The Division 2, check out our previous coverage.