It's Wednesday, so that means it's time for another update for The Division 2. This week's State of the Game is all about the brand new Gunner Specialization, which is now live on the PTS. Fredrik Thylander, Lead 3C Designer on D2 also stopped by to talk ammo, buffs, and additional changes coming with Title Update 4.
State of the Game streams every Wednesday at 8:00AM PDT on Twitch, Mixer, and YouTube. (To find out what was covered last week, make sure to check out the previous State of the Game Recap.) Check out the stream below for details, or read on for a quick recap of the topics discussed this week.
- Monday's Patch 3.1 fixed many of the NPC issues discussed last week.
- TU 3.1 also fixed a PvP armor exploit that allowed around 200 players to recalibrate specialized armor. These player accounts received an official warning and further violations will lead to a permanent ban.
- After hearing a report that 50% of bullets were disappearing on the shooting range on PS4, an investigation showed that this was present on all platforms and only affects that specific lane. This only happens in the shooting range, and it's been confirmed that it doesn't happen elsewhere in the game.
- Reminder: No maintenance on Thursday, but possible maintenance coming on Friday.
- All changes can be found on the forum.
Title Update 4 is Currently on PTS
- The Gunner is now live on the PTS, test it out and give your feedback on the new specialization.
- Once the Gunner arrives on live servers, you'll be sent on a Special Field Research assignment to unlock it.
- The Gunner employs new tactics like the Banshee special and Riot Foam grenades.
- You can immediately unlock the Gunner if you've got the Year 1 Pass. Don't forget, you'll also be able to do Special Field Research that unlocks unique cosmetic items.
Fredrik Thylander Talks Title Update 4
- New UI elements are coming for specialization ammunition. Here's how to earn them:
* Your agent's life bar that will fill slowly. But, headshots, killing enemies effected by status, and additional Specialization actions will help fill that bar more quickly. * Ammunition will be easier to track and appear less randomly.
- Specialization trees are getting a rework. Expect to see new nerfs, buff, and changes.
- Any specialization can now pick any weapon to spec into. You're no longer bound to specific weapons with specific specializations.
- Generic gear mod slots have been added and a "like-for-like" system has been introduced. This allows for more streamlined, more visual modification.
- Non-toggle Rogue has returned to the Occupied Dark Zone.