The Division 2’s State of the Game livestream this week dove straight into efforts to fix a recently discovered DPS glitch, including suspensions for players who exploited it. With Game Designer Bruce Kelly and Community Developer Chris Gansler on board, the stream also took a look at Title Update 8.5, the new Urban Jungle Apparel Event, and balance adjustments the developers are currently working on. A few highlights:
- Several fixes have been rolled out to address the DPS glitch. Players found exploiting it received a one-week suspension.
- Title Update 8.5 is scheduled to arrive next week.
- The new Season 1 target, Venus, is live now, with a double XP event in effect through this week.
- The Urban Jungle Apparel Event is now live as well, and will continue through April 20.
DPS GLITCH SUSPENSION WAVE
- The team was first made aware of the recent “DPS Glitch” on March 17.
- The developers deployed several fixes before the glitch was fixed to the point where they had time to look at which users had used it.
- The team enacted one-week suspensions for players whose individual data showed that they had systematically exploited the glitch.
- Suspended accounts’ characters will be rolled back to March 17.
TITLE UPDATE 8.5
- Scheduled to go out next week, but given the current circumstances, the developers are still tentative on the exact date.
- You can read more about the team’s ongoing efforts on the forums. Update highlights:
- Control Points will reset when changing Global Difficulty, allowing players to replay them.
- Fixes for the Striker Gear set stacks not working properly.
- More balance changes for specific NPCs.
TITLE UPDATE 9
- Will arrive later in April and we will provide a more concrete date when we are ready.
- While the developers have a first list of changes, these are tentative, and further changes are still being investigated.
UPDATE ON BALANCING
- Developers are facing more challenges in updating the game now that they’re working from home.
- The first pass on NPC balance, health, armor, and damage is done, and the team will continue monitoring feedback.
- The developers are also looking into specific aspects that can’t be fixed with blanket adjustments.
- Balance adjustments are in the works for weapons, gear, builds, and exotics. For example, assault rifles and underperforming named items will get a buff.
SEASON 1 – SHADOW TIDE
SEASON 1 UPDATE
- The next target, Venus, is now available.
- A double-XP event is in effect this week.
Urban Jungle Apparel Event is live now!
- Four new outfits.
- Four weapon skins.
- 10 loose clothing items.
- One mask.
- Players can earn one key for every four SHD levels gained.
- Keys can also be purchased or gifted to friends.
- All players get a free key when they log in.
- Level 40 and completion of the Warlords of New York campaign is required to participate in the Apparel Event.