The Division 2 began its first-ever Global Event this week, and the State of the Game livestream – whose hosts, including Associate Creative Director Yannick Banchereau and Community Developer Chris Gansler, are once again streaming from home – offered players a closer look at how Polarity Switch changes up the action. A few highlights of today’s stream:
- Fixing a high-DPS glitch that causes an unintended level of weapon damage is a top priority for the developers. Some changes have already been made, but the work continues.
- The Polarity Switch Global Event is now live, offering daily challenges and new rewards for players to tackle.
- A new Apparel Event, Urban Jungle, begins on March 31.
High-DPS glitch follow-up:
- Some players have discovered a glitch that lets them deal highly increased damage.
- Some fixes have been made.
- This is the team’s No. 1 priority, and the developers are continuing to work on this issues.
The developers would like to encourage players encountering bugs or exploits to reach out to Ubisoft and/or Massive by the following means:
- Reach out to Ubisoft support via support.ubisoft.com.
- Post on the forums that you have found something, without the details.
- Make an unlisted video send it to the team via Discord or Twitter.
- While the team can’t reply to all reports when directly messaged, they take all of them seriously and forward them to the developers.
A fix for the Seasonal Rank resetting was deployed during a short maintenance yesterday.
- The team is still looking into way to restore the Seasonal Rank for players who were reset.
Westside League UI issue:
- The UI for the Westside League incorrectly shows a full reset on the rank.
- The League rank was not reset, and you can see it in your reward track.
- When you continue to play the League, you will also continue in your reward track.
- The developers will improve the UI to make it more intuitive experience.
Title Update 8.4 was released during maintenance today.
- The Title Update includes the first pass on balance changes to NPC health and armor.
- Overall NPC damage was reduced as well.
- Co-op scaling has been adjusted.
- The first pass of PVP Balance changes has been made, reducing PVP damage overall, and on Rifles and Marksman Rifles specifically. The developers would like players to continue providing feedback about the feel of PVP.
- Added a way to manually reset the Seasonal Manhunt in the Manhunt UI.
- Reward Caches from Conflict matches at maximum level are now always High-End.
- A full list of patch notes is available on the forums.
- The developers are planning an additional Title Update that will focus on game health in early April.
- It has previously been mentioned on the forums that some fixes are taking a bit longer.
- As we are working from home it takes a bit longer than usual to reproduce issues, find solutions and implement them.
- We will continue our regular updates on the rough timelines for release in the coming days and weeks.
SEASON 1 – SHADOW TIDE
The first Global Event, Polarity Switch, is now live!
- The player's polarity will affect how they engage with the enemy
- Engaging NPCs with the same polarity will do double damage to that enemy.
- Shooting an NPC of a different polarity will cause the player to incur a status effect, and potentially change their polarity.
- Players can change their polarity by reloading or changing their current weapon.
- If players melee an enemy, polarity will switch for NPCs.
- Polarity only affects the player's firearms (primary, secondary, pistol, and Specialization), so Skills and grenades do not do more damage, or incur damage if targeting the wrong polarity.
- Players can complete daily challenges for stars. To gain rewards, players need gain a certain number of stars per reward, all shown in the reward track of the Global Event UI.
- As a reward, players can earn an Exotic Cache and a Backpack trophy, as well as several Season and Crafting Caches.
Apparel Event – Urban Jungle
- Starts March 31, and ends April 20.
- Four outfits and a mask
- One free key for all players, regardless of Warlords of New York ownership
- Apparel Keys can be earned by gaining SHD Levels, and the UI will display how many SHD levels players need to attain before their next key.
- The Apparel Event is part of the Season, and is available to Warlords of New York owners, although players can still purchase Apparel keys.
- More info will be coming next week when the event begins.