The Division 2 is gearing up for its next big update, Title Update 10 – and starting this weekend, players on PC will be invited to preview and provide feedback on the incoming changes via a Public Test Server (PTS) phase. This week’s State of the Game livestream took a look at what’s ahead, with Associate Creative Director Yannick Banchereau and Senior Game Designer Nikki Kuppens on board to offer more details on what players can expect from Title Update 10 and the PTS. A few highlights:
- The first PTS phase begins May 22, with preload available starting May 21.
- Title Update 10 will largely focus on bugs fixes, quality-of-life issues, and generosity, with changes intended to buff players and make gameplay more rewarding and fun.
- The Hill League is now live, and Warlords of New York players can now start earning rewards via League challenges.
Regular maintenance was performed yesterday.
- There were no player-facing changes.
- The developers needed to perform maintenance to ensure the servers are running smoothly.
Delta errors in Raids:
- The team is still seeing some reports of this happening, and are investigating further.
- This has been vastly improved with the release of Title Update 9.1, and the team is seeing fewer and fewer reports. But they will keep monitoring to make sure this has been resolved.
- There have been reports of players whose shots are not registering under certain circumstances. The videos the community has been sending have been helpful, but the team needs a bit more information. Players who report these issues are asked to include the time and date they were encountered when sending videos and reports.
- Boosting characters or helping lower-level players progress in The Division 2 is not considered a breach of the terms.
- Being in the same group as a cheater/exploiter in The Division 2 is not considered a breach of the terms.
- For further clarification, see The Division 2’s official Code of Conduct.
TITLE UPDATE 10
Public Test Servers will be available for Title Update 10, and the team wants your feedback and bug reports.
- The PTS will be on Uplay, and every player who owns The Division 2 on PC can join the test.
- Pre-load is available starting May 21 at 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM CEST
- PTS begins May 22 at 5:00 AM PT / 8:00 AM ET / 2:00 PM CEST
Title Update 10 will focus on game health and generosity. Changes include:
- Almost all weapons will be buffed; a full list will be available in the patch notes for the PTS.
- Improvements to gear sets (more details in the patch notes)
- Legendary difficulty will be more rewarding. In the first PTS phase, this will include an increased chance of loot drops from Veterans and Elites.
- There will be no purple loot at higher difficulties. At control points, this means that regular gear and weapon containers (which don’t scale with difficulty) have been removed, and their contents have been moved to a rewards crate that does scale.
- Changes to PvP weapon damage and time-to-kill
- A number of bugs will be fixed.
- Developers are focusing on tweaks that will remove frustration and making the game as fun as possible.
Exotics in Title Update 10:
- The availability of some Exotics that currently come only from unique sources will be broadened, and players will be able to find them as targeted loot, in Exotic Caches, and as drops from Raid bosses and Heroic or Legendary final bosses.
- Raid Exotics and The Bighorn won’t be available through those channels; crafted Exotics will, but only once players have acquired their blueprints.
- Season 2 and Raid 2 Exotics and gear will be available to try during the PTS, provided by a special vendor at the White House who offers Balancing Caches.
The developers want to include a PTS for Title Update 10 because:
- There was no PTS for the past couple of updates.
- The team wants to ensure that additional testing goes into the update, ensuring it will be a great experience for players.
- The team wants to involve players more in the development phase by encouraging them to provide feedback and bug reports before the update goes live.
- The team counts on players to provide feedback and bug reports during the PTS in order to make the update the best it can be.
- The developers will request specific feedback for certain aspects of the update, e.g. weapon balance, loot, etc.
- If this PTS is successful, the team will do more in the future.
For the first phase of the PTS, players are asked to focus on:
- Game health, finding bugs, and making sure bug fixes are working.
- Weapon and gear balance after the Title Update 10 changes.
- PvP weapon damage and time-to-kill changes.
- Players are asked to submit feedback through the official forums, where a PTS-specific forum will be added on May 22, and encouraged to search for existing threads on issues before posting, so as to consolidate feedback in once place.
SEASON 1 – SHADOW TIDE
Hill League started yesterday.
- Complete the league challenges to earn 10 rewards.
- Hill League will run for two weeks.